Solved

Is there a way to prevent back dating?

• 15 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is there a way or method in Acumatica that can prevent people from backdating documents? 

I know closing periods prevents posting in past periods, but our Controller wants to prevent the dates from changing.  He does daily reconciliation and it’s messing him up. 

For example, in AP.  AP created a check on August 8.  They did not process the check until August 14.  When the controller runs the ending cash account balances on the 8th that check isn’t in there.  Then it throws off his numbers when she posted it on the 14th. 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 16 August 2023, 02:40

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @travislawson ,

We can prevent people from changing the business date. We can make document date and transaction dates read-only (requires role access rights changes to every data entry screen).

Neither of these preventative measures would prevent what you describe: a check being entered & saved on the 8th and being released/posted later, on the 14th. In this case, nothing was actually back-dated, correct?

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @travislawson 

Along the lines of what @Laura02 stated, you can also turn on the Secure Business Date on the Enable/Disable Features.

This Restricts the ability to change the business date, so that this task cannot be performed by all users in the system. To permit the change of the business date for specific users, you assign the BusinessDateOverride role to these users.

This article may help as well: https://help.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=7a2f7fc0-c030-4773-99ae-676dacef1946

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for the answers.  I was aware of the secure business date and also realize this wouldn’t fix the issues I stated.  I was just required to get a second opinion. 

Badge +18

Hi,

I have another idea.

Perhaps you can help the users to proactively complete their unfinished items in a more timely way by displaying for them a Dashboard showing their Documents on Hold or Balanced status.  Maybe a notification could go out to the user’s email if # of days old on a document is past 4 or 5?

Good luck!

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved