Solved

Is it possible to attach a fixed asset to a customer?

• 4 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to attach a fixed asset record to a customer record in Acumatica?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 4 April 2022, 22:15

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hi,

I don’t think there is any way to link the FA to  a customer using Fixed Assets module standard screen.

Have you considered User-Defined Fields?  UDF’s of the Selector type can be connected to the Customer ID, so you could select a customer ID onto the Asset record.

If you are using Field Services module, Equipment location can be at a Customer Site, like bulldozer in use at a Project Construction site. With Projects/Construction module, Equipment can also be located at the Project Site.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Thank you Laura!! We will probably go with the UDF approach as the client does not use those other modules.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I don’t think there is any way to link the FA to  a customer using Fixed Assets module standard screen.

Have you considered User-Defined Fields?  UDF’s of the Selector type can be connected to the Customer ID, so you could select a customer ID onto the Asset record.

If you are using Field Services module, Equipment location can be at a Customer Site, like bulldozer in use at a Project Construction site. With Projects/Construction module, Equipment can also be located at the Project Site.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Hey Laura, do you know if anyone is doing this?   I am trying to do it, but keep getting this message on Customer related fields:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved