Solved

Indirect purchase order capabilities

• 25 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello All, 

Does Acumatica have the capabilities to process indirect purchase orders?

Completely separate form BOM tied items which would fall under direct BOM tied purchase orders?

R&D/NPI  vs. Sustaining/Released into Production 

Current issues with my R&D, non-stock, NPI department and materials issuing or receiving and stocking their items since they are not in final stages of the sustaining process.

Same question with Work orders  and materials. 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 31 July 2023, 12:28

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello @cervantes09 ,

Yes Acumatica can process purchase orders that are not tied to BOMs. Acumatica can process :

Purchase Orders that are linked to Sales Orders, Purchase Orders that are linked to Projects, Purchase orders that are linked only to Vendors, Purchase Orders created from internal Requests, Purchase Orders resulting from Requisitions bidding process,

Purchase Orders with inventory items, or not, and Purchase Orders resulting from Inventory Replenishment features.

I hope I did not miss any. Is very flexible, Acumatica!

If I did not answer your question, please provide more details and an example of the kind of PO you need. Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 1
Badge

Awesome!

Where can i find general SOP on this process? 

or structure or any literature really than can touch on this for newcomers. 

Badge +18

Hi,

I get stuck on some of your acronyms - I don’t know NPI or SOP. If you are looking for documentation, try Acumatica.com or Acumatica Help.

Laura

Userlevel 1
Badge

SOP - standard operating procedures 

NPI - new product intro.  (R&D) materials in beginning stages (testing/validations) before released into sustaining and tied to BOM’s  (bill of materials) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

So my question here remains, if Acumatica has the capabilities to process indirect purchases. How does Acumatica do this, what field, what data is inputted to differentiate this form* a standard purchase order / part number?

Badge +18

Hello @cervantes09  ,

Acumatica has no screen called “Indirect Purchase Orders” -- indirect orders are entered into the Purchase Order screen of Purchasing module.

The fields that differentiate an indirect PO from one that is linked to a Production order or a Sales order are on the lines of the PO in Acumatica. The Production Order number will be blank on a PO that is not connected to a Production Order, and the Sales Order number will be blank on a Purchase Order that is not connected to a Sales Order.

In Acumatica, a Standard Purchase order is a repeating order, an easy way to copy “the usual” order to the same vendor over and over without typing it. Each time a standard order is used, we copy it to a Normal PO.

Part numbers can be present on every kind of PO in Acumatica.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved