Solved

How to take the sales account from the posting class in an Invoice

• 22 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, 

When entering a direct sale through invoice I need to take the sales account from the posting class or from the warehouse (other than a stock item)

I've tried changing ‘use sales account from the field’ of posting class but it has not worked for me. Is there any possible way to get this done?

Regards 

Amanda 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 22 March 2022, 14:11

View original

2 replies

Badge +16

Hello @apallawala21,

It sounds like you are manually entering an invoice directly into Receivables → Invoices & Memos screen. 

How is your Inventory Posting Class set up?  If the Posting class is set up to use the Sales Account from the Posting class, then the default Sales Account will be from the Posting class itself, as you ask, whether the sale is entered in Receivables → Invoices, or in other places.

In Receivables → Invoices & Memos screen, the default sales account comes from the customer’s GL Accounts tab (or that of the specific customer location if using customer locations). Once we add the optional inventory id to the invoice line, then the default comes from the above setting on the item’s posting class.

If the default is not working for you from the Posting class, I recommend the following actions

1) See if the invoice screen has been customized, and if not,

2) document your set up (posting class general & gl accounts tab, item GL accounts, customer GL accounts, and the results on the inovice and then open a Support ticket.

Good luck!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @laura01 

Thank you very much for the given answer. My invoice screen has not been customized hence feels better to open a support ticket.

Regards 

Amanda 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved