Solved

How to erase FA uploaded by error?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all,

I am a fairly new user and while looking around the integration module, I accidentally uploaded a FA template at “Upload by scenerio”. How can I fix it? Please advise. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 7 July 2022, 22:26

View original

9 replies

Badge +16

Hi,

I can’t tell from your screen shots whether these are newly imported batches or previously existing batches. It is possible a re-import of old data actually imported nothing.

Can you show the History tab of import by scenario with results sorted descending?

Can you take a screen shot that includes the header of the screens so we can tell what screen you are showing us?  Please show us the same FA batches in GL Journal Transactions preview list and include the FA batch numbers shown above along with Created Date and Last Modified Date.

Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @laura01 

Thank you so much for replying. Can you tell me how to go the History tab of import by scenario?

Userlevel 2
Badge
There are total 1900 items uploaded “created by” my user name.
They were all hit these 2 GL accounts under period 12-2021

Hi @laura01 

Are these the screenshots you are looking into? 

Can I book a journal entry to fix the GL?

Thank you for your assistance.

Badge +16

Hello,

Thank you , your new screenshots are helpful. It appears you did process 1985 asset records, and did import FA batches and they are posted to the GL.

Did you search this forum for how to delete assets?  Here is another post that may help you:

Badge +16

Maybe you can reverse entries to the GL but it looks like you loaded the assets to the Assets module, Fixed Assets screen. In this case you’ll want to delete or remove them the same way they were imported, via the Fixed Assets screen. If addition of the asset produces a journal, deletion of the same asset should reverse the journals.

I recommend trying your solution on a few assets in a test copy of your tenant. When you have a plan that works in Test, then repeat the solution on all assets in the live production tenant where 1985 assets were inadvertently added.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @laura01 

I checked on the lead you attached. They mentioned we can delete the FA if the status is “on hold”. But I checked what we had and it shows “active” and I cannot delete it. Does it mean I need to upload the whole template again with a “disposal status’? How to do that?

Please advise. Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @laura01 

Can I reverse it in FA transaction screen? I tried it in test mode:

Badge +16

Hi,

If reversal worked in your test… then yes, I think will work fine in production.

It’s always a good idea to make a snapshot, then perform your reversals when no one else is in the system, then review and see if everyone agrees to the correction before work is resumed in the system.

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I created a GI with mass delete is how I deleted the uploaded assets I want to keep

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved