Solved

How to change Timecard defaults

• 28 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are trying to change the description field in the timecard.  We have found that the “Summary Day for:”  is very confusing.  We would like to make the Description field be filled with a single ‘ or a , .  This makes the Summary day for: go away.  Has any one defaulted the description or know how to.

My next project is to make overhead tasks not choose Billable when the employee uses them

icon

Best answer by mcoman 1 February 2021, 17:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Michael, I think the answer you’re looking for may come by using Acumatica Translation Dictionary (I think the message you are trying to change is an unbound resource). 

Regarding the overhead tasks and billable status, I may be misunderstanding you but isn’t this controlled by setting Activity Types accordingly?

Hope that helps a bit,

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Graham.

I took a look at your suggestions.

The default to the description for a task isn’t in the dictionary.  But I will keep looking

Your tasks associated with activities.  I am sure your right there.  I should have clarified that I was talking about Project tasks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

2020r2

We found out that you cannot make tasks none billable in timecards.  You can only make earnings types unbillable.  I wonder how many customers will remember to change their earnings type when they do their timecard.  Our customers have 20 to 30 lines a week.  This sounds like its going to be a nightmare.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Did anyone find a way to change the default description?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved