Solved

has any of you change the currency decimal places at a latter stage of the system?

• 6 December 2022
  • 3 replies

has any of you change the currency decimal places at a latter stage of the system?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 6 December 2022, 11:02

View original

3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

I have never changed currency decimal places during latter stages of an implementation.

I think if you are Adding decimal places you will be fine as Acumatica will fill in 0’s on previous rates. If you are trying to have fewer decimal places, I can’t guess the result.

I recommend making a copy of your tenant and trying the change, then entering test transactions of every kind (including adding new profile items like employees, vendors, customers, Stock Items), in every module to gain a level of comfort that the change will work.

Or, wait for another community member to answer. 🙂

Badge +18

Hello @uvam33

Do you need more help with your currency question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @uvam33 

If you do any type of rounding precision, this will definetly interfere with that. I have had clients change this after the fact and it has changed totals on reports. Sometimes just by pennies but that can cause issues later on with reconciliation.

What are you exactly looking to change to? Are you going from 2 places to 3 or 4? Or are you going from 4 to less?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved