Group Discount to spread evenly across invoiced products

• 8 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, 

I'd like some advice on how to appropriately configure pricing and discounts to solve a business need. Here's a concrete example:

- For simplicity, let's say we have three different 12oz Cups: white, black, blue. 

- If a Customer orders 120 12oz Cups, in various colors, they get 10% off those products. 

- I can't set up this scenario using Sales Prices, so I'm using a Group Discount instead. 

I like everything about the functionality of Group or Document level discounts...except for one thing: On the ARTran table, the Sales Price—and resulting product margin—aren't correct, because it's applying the discount as a separate line item. 

I'm hoping there is just a setting somewhere to "apply discount to components evenly". How have others handled this limitation, or is there anything I'm not thinking of? 

​​​

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @max21 ,

I am the ERP Product Manager - Product Success here at Acumatica.  I am interested in hearing more about your post.

We are going to be conducting user research about the Discounts topic.  We are reaching out to our user community to interview users that are actively using Discounts.  Would you like to participate?

-Dana

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Dana Moffat, sure I’m happy to participate. Although we aren’t actively using the discount functionality I’ve outlined above, because it doesn’t align with our business needs. But i’m happy to weigh in on this topic.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved