Solved

GL Mapping and priorities

• 18 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello everyone,
We are looking for a way to change A/R revenue GL mapping. Currently we use non-stocks, however they must be received as you can see below: 

We want that, during a sale, the GL account used is that of the customer location as configured in the order type: 

However, despite this configuration, the accounts used by the system are always those of the non-stock record. How can we change this?

Beside, do you have the help file of acumatica which explain the priorities of the differents posting settings.(which win between theses config : non stocks GL VS Posting class VS Order type/project billing GL VS Customer GL)

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by raphrf 26 October 2023, 19:49

View original

7 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Help indicates Order Type setting is used instead of Posting Class for Non-stock

I did a quick test in my version 2022 R2 sales demo using Help information above.

1. SO Order type is set to Customer Location, like yours.

2. I set the customer’s sales default to 40060.

3. I set the Non-Stock Item’s default Sales account to 40000.

When I entered the Sales Order using the same Non-stock item, the Sales account correctly defaulted to the Customer’s Sales Account 40060.

Is your system Customized? If yes, please try temporarily disabling customizations to rule out the possibility that a customization has changed posting behavior.

The next step once customizations are ruled out, is to raise a Case with Acumatica support.

Laura

Hello,

Help indicates Order Type setting is used instead of Posting Class for Non-stock

I did a quick test in my version 2022 R2 sales demo using Help information above.

1. SO Order type is set to Customer Location, like yours.

2. I set the customer’s sales default to 40060.

3. I set the Non-Stock Item’s default Sales account to 40000.

When I entered the Sales Order using the same Non-stock item, the Sales account correctly defaulted to the Customer’s Sales Account 40060.

Is your system Customized? If yes, please try temporarily disabling customizations to rule out the possibility that a customization has changed posting behavior.

The next step once customizations are ruled out, is to raise a Case with Acumatica support.

Laura

Hi Laura, 

Is your non-stock item require receipt/shipping?

Badge +18

Good catch, @AlexandreRatthe ,

At first my non-stock item did not require receipt/shipment. So I changed it, and now it DOES require receipt/shipment. Then I entered a new order from scratch. The result is the same as far as posting; warehouse is now a required field.  The Sales account is still defaulting from the customer in this Sales Demo:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi, I tested without customization, i dont have the same behavior as you have. It take the inventory /posting class Sales account instead of the customer location sales account. The sale order type is set to Customer Location.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I tested more, only one class don’t work as supposed, it’s the interco customer class. All sales orders wich is for other customer will take the Sales account from the customer. Strange

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi, @Laura02 , The support resolved my problem ! 😎

Here is the configuration I missed :

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community @raphrf!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved