Solved

Formatting a date in Report Designer

• 20 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Does anyone know of a way to format a date in report designer as follows:

10th October 2022

I can get the date, month and year correct, but not the ‘th’.

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by lauraj46 20 October 2022, 16:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @suemackeown13 

Are you looking for below onehttps://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-report-designer/date-formatting/

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Kensium

Unfortunately that is not what I am looking for. If the date is 03.10.2022, we need it to show on the rpeort as 3rd October 2022. I can do the dd MMMM and yyyy, but what do I use for the ‘rd’?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @suemackeown13 ,

I don’t know if there’s a standard date code for that but you could do it with a formula in the Value expression for the field, something like this:

=CStr(Day(Today())) + CStr(iif(Day(Today()) in (1, 21, 31), 'st', iif(Day(Today()) in (2, 22), 'nd', iif(Day(Today()) in (3, 23), 'rd', 'th')))) + ' ' + MonthName(Today()) + ' ' + CStr(Year(Today()))

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you Laura. I did thik of doing it that way but was hoping for a simpler option.

Thank you for your help.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved