Question

Fixed Asset Reconciliation issue

• 29 December 2023
  • 5 replies

While reconciling deduction transaction, the system doubled the amount and now my fixed asset clearing account has a balance and no way to relieve it.  Below if a screen shot of the Reconciliation History by Assets report with the transaction marked.  Can anyone help me fix this issue?

5 replies

Badge +18

Hello, @joanne3501 ,

• Are you saying the Fixed Asset balance in Fixed Assets module is correct, but the system duplicated a posting in GL? 
  • Do you have a difference now, between Fixed Assets ledger balance and your GL?
  • If Acumatica doubled an entry, were both the debit and the credit doubled? 

If the answer is yes to my questions, then I think you can adjust out the duplication in GL via journal entry.  If the Fixed Assets accounts that need adjusted do not allow posting in GL Journal Entry, temporarily allow manual entry posting to the control account(s)  in the Chart of Accounts screen, make the adjusting entry, and then remove the checkmark to Allow Manual Entry from the Chart of Accounts.

If the above idea doesn’t work, can you please show us

1. Details of the asset including exact figures
  2. Acumatica’s duplicated transaction as it appears in Fixed Assets Transactions screen
  3. Acumatica’s duplicated transaction as it appears in GL.
  4. Explanation of what entry you think is needed in GL and in FA modules. 

Please include name of report with column labels, identifying information on screen shots to help us understand and answer your questions faster.  Thank you!

Laura

The asset shows -$20,832.00 in the FA module and should be zero.  (I use this asset to clear offsetting correcting entries.)  The fixed asset register matches the GL but the WIPclearing asset should be zero and so should the Fixed Asset Clearing account in the GL.  

The GL balance in the fixed asset clearing account is $20,832.00.

There are no unreconciled items to apply to the asset to clear it.

Excerpt from FA Balance by GL Account report - asset is WIPCLEARING

Hello @Laura02

Were my examples enough to help understand the issue and advise me on the best way to fix this? 

Badge +18

Hello @joanne3501 ,

I think I ran out of ideas for this question.  Your new post will push your unanswered thread to the top of the list, and I am confident a Fixed Asset export will arrive soon to solve the question.

Best regards,

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @joanne3501 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved