Question

fixed asset error message "Book Period cannot be found in the system”

• 6 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Receiving a fixed asset error message "Book Period cannot be found in the system” when trying to dispose of an asset.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Has the FA calendar been generated to cover the Useful life of the asset?

Placed in service date is 07/30/21, useful life is 15 years.  So, I need to Generate Book Calendars through 2036?  I am new to Acumatica and have never used this option before.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yes the Book Calendars need to be generated out for the entire life of the asset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Placed in service date is 07/30/21, useful life is 15 years.  So, I need to Generate Book Calendars through 2036?  I am new to Acumatica and have never used this option before.

Can you share the steps you are taking @thoward66 ? That may help someone to get you a better answer of how to correctly handle this. 

I am finding the fixed asset and choosing option to dispose.  Putting in 09/13/2023 as disposal date and disposal period as 11-2023. Both time periods are in an open status.  After hitting enter I get the error message “Book period cannot be found in the system”

Also, fixed asset book calendars already exist to year 2060.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, Please provide a screen shot of FA501000 and a screenshot of GL201000 for fiscal year 2022 and 2023 for reference.  Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved