Solved

Fixed Asset Disposals Appear on FA Balance by GL Account

• 12 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a client that has disposed of fixed assets however they still appear on the FA Balance and FA Balance by GL account Report.  Since these assets are not longer in use, I am not sure why they would still be showing on the reports. When the client reconciles their fixed assets to the GL using the FA Balance by GL Account report, they are out of balance by the amount of this disposals. I know I can build a filter to remove them from the report but I don’t think they should be there. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by frankfiorentino81 13 January 2022, 14:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @frankfiorentino81 

Are all transactions linked to the asset been released?

I suspect the asset was not fully reconciled prior to disposal. You have an option to made reconciliation before disposal mandatory to avoid such issue.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello.  Thank you for the reply. I already had that option checked and furthermore these are assets that were part of the client’s initial import so there was no reconciliation required. The reconciliation tab on the assets in question does not show an unreconciled balance.

The first place I checked was to see if the the transactions linked to the asset were releases and they are. 

Perhaps I should open a case with Acumatica as this makes no sense. There are some assets that are disposed and look correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @frankfiorentino81 

Noted your comments and agree. Support should be able to investigate further to get this sorted.
Regards,

Hi frankfiorentino81, did you get a solution to this?  I have the exact same problem and would appreciate if you could share please.

Thanks in advance.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved