Solved

Error "The Asset cannot be disposed of in past periods" appears when trying to dispose of an asset in Migration mode (and not in Migration mode)

• 28 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

We are trying to dispose of an asset as part of Fixed Assets historical migration. Our client is live on other modules, so we imported all the assets successfully, using FA Migration Mode (unclick ‘Update GL’ in FA Preferences).

One Asset was purchased in January 2022, depreciated through February 2022 and needs to be disposed of on 2/28/2023. When we try to dispose it, an error appears:  FA Error: The asset cannot be disposed of in past periods.

We have tried requiring reconciliation prior to disposal, not requiring reconciliation, depreciating before disposal and not depreciating. We have tried re-opening the period for the disposal, and that made no difference. We are logged into the tenant administrators with full rights in all modules. All transactions for the asset have been released.

I am able to successfully dispose assets as of a prior period in my Demo so I do think it’s possible.

What have we missed?  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 29 March 2023, 22:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Laura02 

Just a quick thought, do you have the Financial Supervisor Role? I know you mentioned Admin, but sometimes the FS role is a bit different. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Laura02 

Another thought, what are the Fixed Asset preferences? I know you said it works in your demo but are the settings the same? Especially under Other?

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @Laura02  were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Badge +18

We did find an answer:  The Depreciated Through date was incorrect on a group of Assets and the incorrect date prevented disposal when disposal was using a correct date.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @Laura02 !

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved