Solved

Error: An error occurred during processing of the field Account value 1005 GL Error: Denominated GL Account currency is different from transaction currency.

• 29 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Good day,

The AR Team needed to correct an invoice in our Brazil tenant;  All the currency is BRL; transactions, sales orders/invoices.  When they tried use the “Correct Invoice” function the below message appeared.

It was second occurrence; last time they just created a Debt for the correction.  Not sure I can correct it for this invoice but need to correct the “correct invoice” function going forward.  1005 is the Cash Account,

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Evan

Error: An error occurred during processing of the field Account value 1005       GL Error: Denominated GL Account currency is different from transaction currency.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 30 August 2023, 02:17

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @EvanG ,

I’m curious why a Cash Account is on an Invoice, where we expect a Revenue account should appear. Are you sure the posting account is correct?

Can you use something other than Cash for the account on the Invoice Line (any account that shows no currency ID in the chart of accounts)?  Let’s say Misc. Income as a placeholder.

If Cash really is the debit side of the adjustment needed, it’s the correct debit account, can you then adjust Cash and the Misc. Income placeholder account separately, via GL? 

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Laura02 

Hi Laura,  I am not following what you are expressing in your comment.  Is this a set-up issue?

You are welcome to review the invoice;  00000000503  It is in the BR tenant.

I reviewed the GL financial transaction.  AR/Sales.  Seem correct and normal.  We update AR to BRL earlier. 

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.  I can’t see anything wrong with the Accounting or the reason for the message when trying to correct the invoice.

Badge +18

Hello @EvanG ,

I see my mistake - it’s my eyesight. On my phone I did not clearly see you are showing the Freight tab and Freight account. Why is the Invoice Freight posting to a Cash account?

Even if the freight is $0 I think this account is causing the error.

Please try changing the Posting accounts on the Ship Via to proper freight sales and freight expense accounts (not cash 1005):

Please let us know if this change solves the error. Thank you.

Laura

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Laura02 

Thank you.  I made the adjustment.  Not sure who set it up that way.  Even with this adjustment, the correct invoice function is not available.  My assumption is that since the invoice we done prior to the change, we will not be able to correct the invoice.  Hopefully, on the next occurrence this issue will be resolved.  Correct?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved