Solved

Duplicate 'IN' Journals

• 1 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have discovered that we have duplicate IN journals being created.  So far we have found them to be on Moves, Materials, Purchase orders and Adjustments.  It isn’t every time but is a couple of times a day.  Values of the journals vary significantly.  It is across our users, so not limited to one user.

The journals are identical, one auto releases and the other sits in ‘unposted’ status.

Has anyone had similar happen?  

icon

Best answer by Laura02 1 December 2023, 13:39

View original

2 replies

Badge +18

Hello, 

I think it will help us to answer, if we can see one complete example from the source transaction, through to each subsequent screen, with screen shots.

It may help to visually compare one transaction that duplicated, to one transaction that originated in the same screen, by same user, all the way through. Look for differences.

Do you have any published customizations? If yes, do you see the problem with customizations temporarily unpublished? I understand the problem seems random, I understand you may not want to leave customizations unpublished for long. You may be able to use the same recent duplicated transaction example and re-enter the same, to see the duplication happen again.

I expect, possibly ,  you will find that customizations are the root of this problem and figuring out the tiny details that cause one transaction to duplicate and another similar transaction not to duplicate may lead the developer to your solution.

Laura

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Laura,

The journals are identical.  From what we can see when we release the transaction it is creating two identical journals. One is auto posted and one stays unposted.

Thank you for your help.  It is with the developers but was hoping to see if anyone else had a similar issue after an upgrade as we are a little behind the version most systems are on.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved