Solved

Default Cash Account missing during Bills and Adjustment Entry.

• 24 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I have all Vendors setup using Default Class, which is linked to Default Cash Method and Cash Account. Cash Method is also assigned to AP Default. GL and Branch are linked accordingly. 

However, when I enter an AP Bill, the Payment Method auto populates, but the Cash Account remains empty.

What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 24 October 2023, 23:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @lmayse38 

Is everything set up on the vendor account? The payment method and cash account under Payment?

Badge +18

Hello,

I recommend leaving Cash Account blank on the vendor profile records, and instead defaulting the Cash Account for each Company/Branch and each Payment Method in Banking → Payment Methods screen.

Configured as recommended, when a Bill is entered for any vendor, the Payment Method will default from the vendor, then the Cash Account will default from the Payment Method and company/branch combination.

With this configuration, no vendors need to be updated if the company changes banks.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @lmayse38 

Basically, if the default cash account isn't specified on vendor records,(Vendor profile » payment tab) on the AP Bill, the system populates the "AP Default" cash account for a particular branch for payment methods.

If there is a cash account specified on the vendor record payment tab, this cash account would be populated on the AP bill.

Go to the cash account and check if Restrict Visibility by Branch is selected. If yes, make sure the user logs in to this branch.

Thank you

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved