Skip to main content

Hi Community

Please can someone help. I am having difficulty importing a scenario because the date format is incorrect. Error message “

Error: 'Receipt Date' cannot be empty. Error: 'Placed-in-Service Date' cannot be empty.

I have checked the system locales and changed my profile to be the same but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. I have also checked all the related articles.

System: dd-MM-yyyy

Scenario: 31-03-2023 00:00:00 am

Can anyone help me change this please? I need to get rid of the time I think.

Regards

Have you changed the Date format and tried?

Hello,

Can you show us the Import Scenario mapping and the columns of the spreadsheet?  Or export your Import Scenario and attach it here.  Thank you.

Laura

Hi Laura

Here is he spreadsheet as well as the import scenario.

Many thanks in advance

Barbara

30-06-2021

30-06-2021       13 281.00 GEN

Hello,

I’ve imported your XML into my demo, version 2024 R1 Build 24.101.0059. 

I see a different error from yours, using the Date exactly as it imported from your spreadsheet. The date format in your spreadsheet matches my system locale.  I tried importing with and without the Time in the date cells.

A different error appears both with/without the Time included in the date.

I looked next at the Import Scenario.

When I changed the above highlighted lines, the assets imported successfully:

Changing two fields not named in your error achieved successful import.

I hope this helps you.

Laura

Thank you so much Laura. Changing those fields AND changing the date format did work but has resulted in a very strange thing, which I have never seen before. Do you have any idea?

The date format has changed in all modules and I can’t release/post those FA transactions.

Any ideas anyone? Thankfully this is a test system.

Regards

Barbara

Hi again - these assets really giving m a headache. I’m ignoring the date in the Test system for now but now I am in live and still can’t release asset transactions after importing. Here is the error. There is nothing in the trace. Any ideas please?

Apologies to all - it seems that FA says HOLD when it needs to be released from hold instead of ON HOLD like all other modules.

Apologies for wasting everyone’s time! 😊