Skip to main content

I have a customer requesting a report of everything they have rented from us, with prices included. Is there a report out there that has this information on one report?

HI @alexx 

How are you charging them? Is it on a sales order, AR Invoice or Proforma?

HI @alexx 

How are you charging them? Is it on a sales order, AR Invoice or Proforma?

Hi! 

We are charging them by the RI sales order type. Does that help?

Hi @alexx 

I am not sure what an RI order type is but you can write a GI for that and filter based on what is needed. 

Here is a GI you could use to get you started, you can set parameters for what you need or just filter on the actual GI. 

Hi @alexx I have attached a GI to help with this request.  It will automatically filter to the RI order type and will leave you a selector box for Customer ID lookup.  You can then export the results directly to excel to provide the customer the list of Rental Order history. 

@kbeatty21 @rsternberg96 

Thank you both. We are fairly new to Acumatica. So, we’re getting to know our way around.

I’m not sure what a GI is and how do I use this GI script?

@kbeatty21 @rsternberg96 

Thank you both. We are fairly new to Acumatica. So, we’re getting to know our way around.

I’m not sure what a GI is and how do I use this GI script?

Here are the steps you can take:

1. Right click on the Attachment and chose> Save Link As:
  1. Save as a download and it will be an XML document

1. In Acumatica, go to Generic Inquiries and you click the clipboard and chose Import from XML:

1. You Choose the File, then Click Open. Then you click Upload File:

The system will import that file for you. 

@kbeatty21 

Awesome! So, after it uploads, is there anything I need to do? How do I get to the “Rental Orders” like you showed in the first comment?

@kbeatty21

Awesome! So, after it uploads, is there anything I need to do? How do I get to the “Rental Orders” like you showed in the first comment?

You simply click the View Inquiry green button. The system saves it for you.

@kbeatty21

I see that you have a column called “Inventory ID.” I don’t see that as a choice for under Results Grid under the Generic Inquiry. Is there a table I need to change for my data that I have?

@kbeatty21

I see that you have a column called “Inventory ID.” I don’t see that as a choice for under Results Grid under the Generic Inquiry. Is there a table I need to change for my data that I have?

Which GI are you using? Mine or @rsternberg96 ? 

@kbeatty21

Which GI are you using? Mine or @rsternberg96 ? 

@rsternberg96  is the file that I saved. But I tried yours. And now there seems to be something that isn’t enabled on my end. I get an error when I click “view inquiry” on yours; error message says “object reference not set to an instance of an object. screen: GI.98.89.76

Hi @alexx 

Can you share the error in screenshots?