Solved

Credit Memo

• 25 August 2021
  • 4 replies

I incorrectly input the amount of a credit memo and hit release. Is there a way to correct or delete? It has not been applied to an invoice and in open status.  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 25 August 2021, 20:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Jana  You cannot delete it, to reverse the transaction I think you need to create a DEBIT MEMO

Thanks Naveen, that’s what I thought, just double checking.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Jana,

open the credit memo on the Invoices and Memos (AR301000) form and use the Reverse and Apply to Memo action. The system will create a debit memo and apply it to the credit memo. As soon as you release the debit memo, the both documents will be closed.

If you have a credit memo paid by lines (the Pay by Line check box selected), you need to use the Reverse action first to create a reversing debit memo. Then open the credit memo on the Payments and Applications (AR302000) form and apply it to the debit memo to close the both documents.

Olga, thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved