Solved

Create Payment from Process Bank Transactions with Payment Ref

• 18 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

On the process bank transactions screen I can create AR payments. However, I don’t see a place to put the payment ref number, so I am getting an error when I process. I see that I can globally turn off this requirement in AR, but I don’t want to do that. I would prefer to have a spot to enter it. Am I missing something? 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 18 July 2022, 21:26

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello, I don’t think you are missing anything. The Help confirms your findings, there is no field in which to record your customer’s Check Number or Payment reference number when AR Payments are added in the Process Bank Transactions screen.

It seems the options are:

1. Propose your idea to Acumatica in the Ideas section of this forum.
  2. Customize the Process Bank Transactions → Create Payments screen to include the extra field you desire.
  1. I have never used this particular screen, Create Payments from inside Process Bank Transactions:  In what STATUS is the resulting AR Payment created when you add a payment in this manner?  If it is an Unreleased status like Balanced or On Hold, then perhaps you could add the customer’s check number to the unreleased AR Payment created in Process Bank Transactions via AR → Payments and Applications scren prior to releasing the payment. 
  2. Enter the Payment in a different screen, not in Process Bank Transactions.  You can enter the payment on a second tab, refresh Process Bank Transactions to pick it up, and go on to complete the processing of bank transactions with the new payment included.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved