Solved

Create A Filter for Current Month

• 24 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi guys, I have a GI listed ending balance for current assets and current liabilities accounts by period. To create a dashboard KPI weights based on this GI, I need to create a filter for current month. Is there a way to define that “FinPeriodID = Current Period” ? Or is there a way to convert FinPeriodID to Month or Date? Because I know I can do a formula on filter for Month and Date, but not Period. :( 

icon

Best answer by RoyceLithgo 28 March 2022, 02:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@lwang13 There are some FinPeriod Fields within Financial forms which are always set to current FinPeriodID and you can add them as Parameter for your Dashboard.

As you can see below I added it to may Dashboard Parameter and by default the value would be set to 03-2022 or whatever my current FinPeriod Is.

So, for that Dashboard Widgets, you can always Use Parameter when add filter to widget and use added parameter. In this case I chose ARPayment.FinPeriodID and you can chose ARInvoice.FinPeriodID and many more options.

Thanks! This is good to know. My problem is I only need the filter of current for only one of my weights in a dashboard, not all of them. So I think it’s better to set a shared filter for GI and select the filter when creating the weight. Don’t know how to make it happen.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You just need a checkbox parameter for Current Month Only which you can set on the dashboard.

You then just need a condition to implement the Current Month Only parameter. Do you know how to do that?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello - I am having a similar issue.. I am trying to add this Parameter to my Dashboard, but the Widgets do not appear to be updating based on the month selected. Is there something more I need to do to my GI or filter settings on the Widget? Below is how I added my Fin Period:

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello - I am having a similar issue.. I am trying to add this Parameter to my Dashboard, but the Widgets do not appear to be updating based on the month selected. Is there something more I need to do to my GI or filter settings on the Widget? Below is how I added my Fin Period:

You need to apply the Parameter in the filter for all Widgets on the dashboard and the FinPeriodID needs to exist in every GI referenced as a result column. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved