Solved

Column Set For 12 MOS which only adds months in parameter Range

• 28 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Would like to have a Column Set that only adds the months up to the “TO” period in the Parameter.  Was using a copy of the Rolling 12 column set but it includes totals for months past the parameter selection.  For example if we run it from 01-2023 to 03-2023 we want it to only include amounts for periods 01 to 03 and nothing beyond that.  

icon

Best answer by tommaricle43 1 May 2023, 04:39

View original

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello @tommaricle43 ,

I tried to solve the same problem for a client last month. Our developer helped me create a lengthy “If” statement to capture all the beginning/ending periods that a User might choose to print. (If we prompt for Start/End period…. user might choose  1 to 3, of 1 to 11 or 6 to 9 etc.)

When pasting a proper If statement into the Total column, the system  Validated our If statement, and then truncated it. When trying to print the report, we saw errors. We were not able to solve the problem adequately - believe we forced the date range to always begin with period 1 and then quoted Velixo to our client.

I think that Acumatica Report Manager reports (ARM - financial reports built in the Preferences screen f Acumatica) do meet the needs of most clients, perhaps 90%. Clients with more complex needs enjoy Velixo, an ISV that adds Acumatica functions into Excel, enabling Excel to report directly from the Acumatica tenants.  Velixo is the next step up from Acumatica Financial Report Writer screens in the Finance module.

Laura

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks it helps to know that this isn’t likely doable  

Userlevel 3
Badge

I think I figured out a work around.  I created 12 total columns each with the correct formula for periods 1-12 like B then B+ C etc.  I used the visibility formula to only allow the correct Total by month selected in the Statements Parameter.  Seemed to work well but was a lot of work.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi tommaricle43 - please can you share the visibility formula? I have also been battling with this issue. The formula works perfectly for 12 months but not if I want to t[run the report as at 11-2024 for example.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello Community - is there anybody out there who might have a solution to this issue? 

To repeat - “Would like to have a Column Set that only adds the months up to the “TO” period in the Parameter.  Was using a copy of the Rolling 12 column set but it includes totals for months past the parameter selection.  For example if we run it from 01-2023 to 03-2023 we want it to only include amounts for periods 01 to 03 and nothing beyond that.  “

Many thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @tommaricle43 

I am working on a project report with the similar requirement if you could please share your workaround with some little more detail 🙏🏽.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved