Solved

Change date on contract

• 20 October 2023
  • 6 replies

HI, 

All my contracts are created hat when I run the contract invoicing, I get billed at the end of the month. We want to change and charge at the beginning of the month. How do I make this change?

Thanks to help me. 

Melanie

icon

Best answer by KushaniPerera88 5 December 2023, 08:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MelNad Please confirm if you are referring to changing the Next Billing Date shown in the below screenshot.

Thanks

Yes, it’s that. I tried to change activation date but the billing stay at the end of the month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @MelNad I see the issue. Let me check  and revert.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @MelNad were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@MelNad  The "Last Billing Date" and "Next Billing Date" on a contract are read-only fields that cannot be modified in the user interface once the AR Invoice generated from contract billing is released. The next billing date is the date of the next billing invoice, generated according to the billing schedule.

To eliminate the effect on the GL side, we can use the action “Reverse and Apply to Memo” on AR Invoice. After that, you can end the contract and start a new contract to bill the required date.

I have a situation where all the time was not entered before the contract billing was done.  Unfortunately the customer ran another contract billing cycle thinking that it would pick up the time (which still wasn’t entered yet) so we are able to UNDO the last billing cycle, but now cannot bill the time in the correct month.  Even changing things, the billing period is now PERMANTLY 1 month ahead of the time entry.  We need a way to change the NEXT BILLING DATE in order to get the billing cycle back in sync with the time entry. Or do I have to cancel the contract and create a new one?  I tried upgrading and setting the activation date back a month, but that still didn’t change the Next Billing Date. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved