Skip to main content
Question

Branch allocations for different subaccounts

• 15 July 2024
  • 6 replies

We make use of a few branches, and our setup is done on several subaccount levels, I want to find out if it’s possible to set up rules that will accommodate an employee of a branch, to book transactions or time on the same branch but a different subaccount and then allowing the cost the be transferred to the subaccount used.

6 replies

Badge +18

Hello @LeslieAnn ,

Welcome to Acumatica Community!

Can you provide an example transaction that should be allowed or not allowed in your scenario described above? Include screen shot identifying the screen where the transaction will be entered. Include the desired posting result as it should look in GL.

I think you are saying that each Branch has its own Subaccount, or its own Subaccount Segment.  I think you are asking how to allow an Employee to use, for example, Branch 1 with a Subaccount that does not belong to Branch 1… but I’m not sure I understand properly.

Thank you!

Laura

Hi

Example: 

Leslie-Ann works for a Company: General Trading, Branch: MSS Services, subaccount: Support

I need to assist in a financial project and book my time on a client project: CocC Manufacturing Financial Reporting.  I need to book my time on the same Company: General Trading, same Branch: MSS Services, but different subaccount: Finance

This example can be used for an internal project allocation as well.  

Finance | Financial Reporting.  I need to book my time on the same Company: General Trading, same Branch: MSS Services, but different subaccount: Finance.

We need to see my cost allocation from Support and reflect on Finance.  

Badge +18

Hello,

On the Timecard, you will select the Project and Task that you worked on (such as CocC Manufacturing and Financial Reporting).  On the Tasks tab of each Project, the Account and Subaccount are defined.

Alternatively, the Non-Stock Item (Labor Item) on the Timecard can control the Posting account/subaccount. The Labor Item defaults from the Employee screen, and can be changed on each line of the Timecard.

The default posting Account/subaccount depend on configurations/project settings. I recommend working with your VAR or in a Test tenant to try the different options and then select the option that meets your posting requirements. I think you don’t want the Subaccount to default from Employee or Project. (I think you want either Task or Inventory Item, and I’m not sure which of my guesses is perfect for your situation until you test it through.)

Laura

Hi Laura

Thank you for your feedback, I’ve tested scenarios and changed settings but managing 1500 projects and +/- 500 employees each to unique tasks is somewhat complex.  I need to understand where the set up and allocation should be changed to show the true effect of the employee cost on the project and subaccount they do work for.

Allocating the cost of the employee set up to the actual project but more so specifically on subaccount level, especially when the employee is in the same branch.  The branch allocation from one branch to another is not the issue here.  It’s more so an inter-branch, different subaccount relation we are trying to set up.

Hope this makes sense

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @LeslieAnn were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@LeslieAnn hi!

on the project preferences, under account settings, you will find the options for selecting the expense and subaccount to be used on release of time cards and activities.  The options are: Labor item, project, task, and employee: 

you may be better off creating specific non-stock items like @Laura02 suggested, that way you can default the subaccount on the non-stock item GL accounts tab and that would limit the need for manual intervention and would also allow you to manage the list a lot easier than trying to manage the projects.  

good luck!