Solved

Bill Approval for only certain users

Userlevel 3
Badge

HI, I’m trying to create an approval map where a manager will need to approve the AP bill for POs enter only by certain users. It doesn't look to be working. However if I uncheck the active box for the 2 employees in the conditions tab, the approval does work. I only need it for these 2 employees though. Any Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by mna10 10 August 2023, 13:20

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mna10 

What are your Rule Actions?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @kandybeatty49, I have tried entering the Approval employee in the employee section and I also created a workgroup with the approval employee and tried entering that in the Workgroup section. Both work when the rules active box is uncheck. But doesn't worked when the active box are checked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

What happens when you only have one owner on the Condition?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Unfortunately same thing. Approval doesn't work.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @mna10 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Chris Hackett, unfortunately no. Acumatica advised this is not possible and would require some customization.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@mna10 I have a recommendation for you if you haven’t have the solution for this.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @ricoybanez, sounds good. Please share. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@mna10 Under Employees Masterfile you put the the Manager Name (Approver) on the field “REPORTS TO”

Then you do the assignment mapping using the “Reports To” field as condition

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @ricoybanez , thanks for the suggestion. unfortunately this didn’t work either. it looks like from the PO to the bill, the owner of the PO does not stay. According to Acumatica this is not possible and instead we need to basically get the approval first when the PO is entered vs when its being billed.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved