Solved

BANK DEPOSIT-PAYMENT

• 14 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,  we are new to Acumatica, & are trying to figure out how to add a miscellaneous cash receipt to a bank deposit. For example:  We periodically will receive a rebate check from a vendor, that I would need to record as rebate income. I want to add this to an existing bank deposit that contains payments on account from customers.

icon

Best answer by Kandy Beatty 14 March 2023, 22:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@swolz 

Hi, you would create a misc. deposit in the banking module.  you will want to make sure you have entry types defined as they will be necessary to create a deposit.

Start by opening up a new transaction 

Select the cash account, confirm the date and specify the document ref number.  you will also be required to select an entry type.  in your case, you could have one specific for rebates.

Next, you will enter the line level details: 

the offset account is defaulted from the entry type however, this field can be overridden with whatever account this transaction should offset to. 

Remove Hold and Release.  the deposit has been recorded.

Hope this helped!

Thanks,

Iqra

Thank you Iqra. I think we are close, but still not sure how to add the cash entry to a bank deposit. See attached screenshots. How can we get this cash entry, onto this deposit?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @swolz,

Unfortunately only payments recorded to clearing accounts associated with a bank account can be included in a deposit.

Sharon

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @swolz 

The only other thing that you could do to add to what @sharonconkey87  stated is create a charge on a bank deposit for a refund. 

I created an account just for that Entry type:

Created the Entry Type:

Added the Entry Type to the Cash Account 

Created a Deposit with a Charge:

Here is what it looks like in the Cash Account Summary:

Thanks to all for their help!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved