Solved

Automatically release GL batches from Run Allocations

• 14 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

When using the run allocations screen, GL batches for allocations are generated on-hold or balanced.

Is there any way of changing the status to auto-release? There are multiple daily allocations, and manually releasing them every day doesn’t feel like a good use of time.

I have considered an automation schedule for Release Transactions, but the problem is we can’t filter directly by Type: Allocation, so other GL batches which we don’t want to release also end up in the same schedule.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 14 July 2023, 20:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What are your settings on the project preferences screen for the “Automatically Post/Automatically release” options?

https://help.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=de2ca225-4a0c-4129-b09d-3f3ed05198f9

Automatically Post on Release A check box that determines whether project transactions will be automatically posted to the general ledger once they are released.
Automatically Release Allocations A check box that indicates (if selected) that allocation transactions created for projects are automatically released immediately after they are generated.
  This setting does not affect reversing allocation transactions, which are generated for allocation transactions.
If this check box is cleared, you will be able to release the project allocation transactions manually by using the Release Transactions (PM501000) form.

Badge +18

Hello @kokjietan ,

I agree with you; there is no GL Preferences option (checkbox) to allow automatic release of GL Batches created in Finance → Run Allocations screen.

I did a quick test and it seems like Allocations process uses the Allocation Description for the Batch Description. Would it work for you to preface the Descriptions of each of your Allocations with something like “Alloc” then use Batch Description begins with “Alloc” on your Automation Schedule, to ONLY auto-release Allocations batches?

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Laura02 Good idea - I’ve tried it and everything seems to work as intended. Added a couple of additional filters such as user and tran date to prevent unintended releases as well. Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved