Question

Approval of customer data entry

Userlevel 1

Hi, our customer is using Acumatica 2022 R1. Is there any way to create an out of the box approval prior to save the new customers into the system?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @nadia02,

I don’t see the Customer value in the list of entity types available for the selection on the Approval Maps (EP205015) form, so that, the approval process isn’t applied to customer records.

I can think of the following option for your requirement:

1. One can explore a customization to default the Customer Status field to On Hold value on the Customers form, so that all new customers will be created with the On Hold stat. I couldn’t find an option from the user interface to define the default customer status, so you may want to submit an Idea to include this feature in the product.

2. Configure access rights for users who are working with customers the way, that the Customer Status field is disabled for all users who are not supposed to approve customers. More info about Managing User Access.

Once the configuration is done, all customers will be created with the On Hold status and only responsible users will have the ability to change the Customer Status field to Active, once they verify the customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @nadia02 ,

There is an Idea post, that you could add your vote to.  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved