Skip to main content
Solved

AP Payment Approval with Workgroup

• 30 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I have an approval map set up for AP Checks and Payments. Currently, the approver is a workgroup with 3 members. As it is set up now, only 1 of the 3 members of the workgroup has to approve it. However, the people submitting the payments for approval are also in the workgroup.

So, the scenario is that 1 person in the workgroup submits for approval, then 1 of the 2 other members have to approve it. Is it possible to do this utilizing the workgroup? Or do I have to set up steps with a condition of who is submitting it for approval?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Bstabiner95.

Please take a look at this community post. 

Approval Map | Community (acumatica.com)

Look at Laura02 replies.  

Consider building out the Company Tree to include “the approvers’ supervisors” as roll-up nodes.

You’ve noticed it’s easy to route to the supervisor of the owner/employee on a document such as Expense Report. If the Company Tree includes VP of Finance or Controller on the Company Tree Workgroups with employees who report to her on connected nodes underneath Finance, the Approval map can direct second level approval to the Finance Workgroup.

For example:

1. First Level approval of expenses for AR, AP, and HR is routed to employee’s supervisor using Employee screen’s Reports To field.
  2. Second Level approval, route to Finance Workgroup on Company Tree.
AR/AP/HR second approval is routed to Finance Workgroup

Rule Actions direct 2nd Approval to Workgroup from Tree.

This example includes two employees in the WorkGroup - configurations may require one or both to approve the expense item.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You could do something similar to what I mapped out at the bottom of this post where there are multiple work groups for the approval, but rather than using the “Approved by” option it would be based on the “Created by” or “Last Modified by” users.
Purchase Order approval - multiple approvals from 1 group