Skip to main content

What does this AM Error mean? I am receiving it with trying to release receivables transactions in Acumatica.

Hi @vineela95 

Can you help me where you are getting this error?

Hi @Manikanta Dhulipudi 

This is happening at a client’s environment when they are trying to release credit/debit memos and payments in the payment and applications screen

The exact error message is “AM Error: Document is On hold and cannot be released” 

Hello @vineela95 

Is there any customizations on this screen?

Thank you

Hi @MuthumaliDhanushika27  None on these screens. We have another customization that creates payments in payments and applications and auto releases them and we are receiving the same error on that too.

Do you know what this error means? I have never seen an AM error. We verified that the invoices applied on the payment are not on hold.

@vineela95  I think this is related to Acumatica manufaturing, can you log a case with Acumatica .

Hello all, we figured out what the issue is. Thank you all for the help.

The client had “Hold on Document Entry” and require invoice/memo printing before release settings marked in AR setup that was causing the error to show up on the payment/invoice application and release. Odd that it say AM error meaning manufacturing which threw us off when its not related to mfg.

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community @vineela95!

We came across this error in Dev when choosing “Correct Invoice” on an SOInvoice having a future PostPeriod/DocDate.

The underlying CRM is Hold=true… 

I am not sure we’d encounter this problem in LIVE however.

Version 23.211.0017