Solved

Alias for Subgroups?

• 30 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to create some kind of alias/attribute/etc. to group certain subaccounts (which we use for departments) together, without fundamentally changing the naming/numbering convention of the subaccounts?

For example,
000000 Main; 000100 General Corporate; 000200 Sales; 000300 IT
For this example, I would want to pull Subs 000000-000300, but not count 000200 (e.g., Corporate Overhead reporting).

Aside from creating a hidden row that sums 000000-000300 and subtracting a hidden row that only contains 000200, is there a way to create some kind of alias (e.g., CO) to assign to 000000, 000100, and 000300, which I can then use in financial reporting?

icon

Best answer by Laura02 2 July 2023, 01:28

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello Don,

It seems like you are asking for a Subaccount Class for Subaccounts profile screen, and the new Subaccount Class field (grouping) could be used in Financial Reporting, similarly to the existing Account Class from Chart of Accounts.  I like your idea, and I think you should add it to the Ideas section of this Community!

In the meantime, we can filter the GL lines of Row Sets with multiple Subaccounts in the Start Sub, separated by Commas, as in this example:

An Account has figures posted to  three subaccounts, but I only want to include the first and third in my Balance Sheet report.

Finance → Detailed Trial Balance

Modify Data Source → Start Sub as follows, on the Retained Earnings line of Balance Sheet Row Set:

Balance Sheet Row Set, RETEARN Data Source expanded

Results on Balance Sheet Report:  RE amount includes first and third subaccounts only & this figure does not match total of all three subaccounts from above Detailed Trial Balance (it’s exactly $5000 less).

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved