Solved

Account Type Entered Incorrectly as "Asset", where it needs to be Expense

• 19 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello - 

In one of our tenants, we had an account incorrectly added with an Account Type of “Asset”, and it wasnt caught until transactions had already been processed. Now when attempting to change the account type to Expense, I get an error message stating that I cannot change the account type because transactions already exist. Is there any way around this so that we can change the account to Expense and it populates on the Trial Balance and reporting correctly?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Laura02 19 September 2023, 20:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Deleted post

Badge +18

Hello @mdyer 

Please see this previous post were I answered the same question, one year ago.

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @mdyer 

What version of Acumatica are you using? In 2023R1, you can change the account Type. See below from the release notes:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @SheriThomas49 and @Laura02, that worked!!

@kandybeatty49 this is great to know. We are using 2022 R2, but are due for an upgrade shortly. 

Thanks Everyone!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved