Solved

Use Work Calendar for Service Appointment

• 22 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Which setting should I configure to enable this scenario?

A service has estimated duration of 30 hours but staff available working time is 8 hours a day. When assigning appointment system split that appointment into 4 days, either as the same appointment number of multiple appointment number that is fine but I want to avoid cloning the appointment as this seems to be manual task.

Choosing Work Calendar with 8 hrs working time a day in Service Preferences doesn't seem to affect the service duration.

icon

Best answer by kristianharianja 27 August 2021, 11:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

In my experience, to view the days on the calendar correctly, you need to split the appointment into one appointment per day. Otherwise, if I remember right, the calendar will stretch the appointment across the multiple days.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Turns out that Acumatica said service appointment was not designed to cater for this scenario, hopefully someday. Many service businesses require long hours appointment and they don’t work 24-hrs. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved