Solved

Option to Link Target Equipment ID to CRM Sales Quote Line

Userlevel 3
Badge

I couldn’t find a way to entre a Sales Quote Line and associate a Target Equipment ID. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Andy Smith 16 May 2022, 22:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

For CRM you are right, could not find it anywhere.

for Sales Order Quote

If you are using latest release, the field may be not selected. Click on column configurator and select it, as shown below.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 3
Badge

@apickard5 - Hey thank you. It does show for QT on Sales Order screen, but I am looking for this field on Sales Quotes (CR304500) screen. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@apickard5 - Hey thank you. It does show for QT on Sales Order screen, but I am looking for this field on Sales Quotes (CR304500) screen. 

I don’t see it as an option on the CRM Sales Quote screen, although I agree it should be there. 

I believe Equipment Management requires that Service Management be present, so another workaround might be to create a Service Order where the Service Order Type has the behavior set to Quote.  The Service Order details grid allows linking to Target Equipment.

You can then send the customer the quote to approve and copy it to a “real” service order.  This can drive a sales order to ship products if needed and/or an appointment to schedule services.

Again - I agree there is room for improvement on linking CRM records to target equipment.  Cases is another example.

If you are looking for a way do lead data enrichment and to enter a Sales Quote Line and associate it with a Target Equipment ID, but couldn't find a direct option on the CRM Sales Quote screen, the suggested workaround is to create a Service Order where the Service Order Type has the behavior set to Quote. The Service Order details grid apparently allows linking to Target Equipment.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved