Solved

How to Link an AP Bill Line to a Service Order from the AP Bill screen?

• 26 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Our customer imports employee credit card purchases from a corporate credit card vendor into the AP Bill screen.  Each purchase/expense line needs to be imported with a Project, a Service Order Number, or project X with a GL expense account.

I’m struggling to Link the Service Order Lines to their respective Service Orders.  I see the fields I need in the Details tab, but they are not editable when manually typing in a Bill.  The AP Bill Help indicates these field should be editable.  What am I missing? 

I tried the “Link Line” button too, but nothing happens: Link Line only works for POs, PO Receipts, and Landed Cost (not Service Orders).

If I create the AP Bill from the Service Order, Details tab, then the two highlighted AP Bill fields above are populated with the Service Order Type and Service Order number.  However, we do not want to open many Service Orders and manually create many individual AP Bills. We want to import and link from the AP Bill screen to existing Service Orders.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Anacarina Calvo 27 October 2022, 17:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I get the same result.  Might be a bug or a problem with the documentation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @laura01 
Please verify that the line you are trying to link has an Inventory ID associated and that the item is a Non-Stock Item (and not a Stock Item) 

Badge +18

@Anacarina Calvo , You Rock!!

Yes, Inventory ID is what I missed.  As soon as I populated the inventory id, I was able to link the AP Bill line to a Service Order, and the expense line was added to the Service Order Details tab.  Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved