Question

GPS Location Tracking Positions not sending into Acumatica server (Mobile)

• 20 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all we suddenly have one employee phone not sending coordinates to Acumatica, I’ve check his phone and all his settings are in place. Even acumatica mobile has indicated location has been captured. But it seems like he is permanently stuck in 12/1/2024 in our GI.  Anybody facing the issue?

• I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well as clearing data and cache.. but the issue remains the same.
  • Staff is using Android 14, Galaxy A52 5G, SM-A528B/DS
  • Staff is also only using 1 Google Account which is the work organisation account, he doesn’t have any personal account tied to the phone

Last tracked position for this employee

Upon checking the staff phone. The usage history is today (20/1/2024) even acumatica has indicated it.

Location permission all activated.

Recent access did indicate that Acumatica was accessed for location settings

No permissions were being blocked.

Acumatica Dashboard

Device is detected

Tracking is enabled.

Is it due to the new google update?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sorry to tag you @david.harris but do you know any team that is able to look into this? Or any possible escalation? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello sorry to tag you @Chris Hackett, are you able to assist or help escalate this issue, our company staffs are using samsung and more and more of them are showing the issue. This is pertaining to Location Tracking not taking the gps coordinates. 

https://erp.ikari.sg/(W(11))/Main?ScreenId=SM202000

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi - Escalation would need to be you contacting your designated support. The community assists members with many issues but is not intended to replace support for an escalated issue. Please reach out to them. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi - Escalation would need to be you contacting your designated support. The community assists members with many issues but is not intended to replace support for an escalated issue. Please reach out to them. 

Okay noted on that! A question wouldn’t this issue affected other users as well? I suspect the latest android security patch blocked the location tracking history from capturing the coordinates (again just purely on my speculation), I’m sure the issue will happen sooner or later for android devices and many users might be reporting in about this if I’m not wrong. And thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved