Field Service Appointments, availibility for a service technician

• 25 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there,

Would it be possible to use a link to the staff calendar from the appointment directly, so we would not  have to switch back and forth.

Also, how can we show that a staff member is absent and not available (PTO, training, sick) on the staff calendar?

Thank you!

Monika

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mstuber64 

On the appointment form, you can use the action Schedule on Staff Calendar to open the Staff Calendar Board. 

Also, here is an idea on how to add a calendar as a sidepanel 

To show an employee as PTO you can create Unavailability rules on the Staff Schedule Rule FS202001 form and generate the rule. That will show the time slot with a red bar.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Anacarina Calvo,

I tried the “staff schedule rule” and “unavailability”, thank you!

On seeing the schedule on the appointment, I don’t want to schedule it right away, I would like to see, which staff member has availability, without scheduling and then assign it to the one that has openings.

Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Anacarina Calvo 

I tried the side panel and that works great.

Thank you!

Monika

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Anacarina Calvo 

For the side panel.

I added a dashboard for the calendar, then I created a customization project, saved it.

My question now is how do I add the dashboard?

Thank you!

Monika

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@mstuber64 
you need to select the Dashboard on the Destination Screen field

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Anacarina Calvo 

The dashboard I have created for the calendar (CST.DB.00.00.42) is not on the drop down list for the “destination screen”.

Also, when I search by “dashboards”, the one with the calendar does not show up to chose.

How can I get the dashboard to show up in “destination screen”?

Thank you!

Monika

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@mstuber64 please review that the Make Visible on the UI checkbox is set to true, on the Dashboards screen 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved