Question

Default warehouse issue on Field Service tablet for technician

• 22 August 2023
  • 2 replies

We have identified an issue where when a technician adds a stock item to the appointment, and selects his van as the warehouse then when he adds it to the appointment, the warehouse changes to the MAIN warehouse in the company. 

Obviously this is very frustrating and means they either need to go back into the item and change the warehouse again or our scheduler has to make sure that before they send the appointment to billing that they have checked the warehouse is correct for that technician.

Exact steps:

1. Open appointment in tablet
  2. Click on Details tab
  3. Click + to add Add Items
  4. Select FILTER at top of screen and select technician van
  5. Select a stock item by putting a tick in the box that says 1 quantity on hand and warehouse is their van.
  6. Once you select the item it changes the warehouse to the MAIN warehouse and its quantity.

I have a video of this happening but am unable to upload an MP4 video.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I am trying to reproduce this, and cannot - so the video would be helpful. I am testing on 2023r1.

I went to the appointment details, clicked the plus, and then used the selector to pick an item. It selected the Default Warehouse from the Branch Location that the ticket was assigned to. I assume you keep the branch location the same for the job, just the person changes.

The next thing I did was instead of pushing the + button, I went to details, hit the … menu next to the plus, and selected Add Items. When I filtered for a location, it did update the location properly on the line.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @ryonxan were you able to find a solution? Note you can’t upload video but you can embed by clicking on the 3 dots - > embed media. Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved