Solved

Business event to automatically create an appointment when a service order is created

• 29 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

I am trying to create a business event with an action item to automatically create an appointment each  time a service order is created under field services. Here is a screenshot of my business event. 

Here is a screenshot of my Action Settings 

Here is another section of my action settings

Nothing is happening what is wrong with my settings. Do I need to setup a import scenario? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frances 

icon

Best answer by fpantelidakis65 21 December 2023, 00:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@fpantelidakis65 The way you are approaching it looks like all you are doing is adding an action on the Service Order to have a business event trigger to create the appointment. (you will need the GI to have all the fields the appointment will need and an import scenario)

I presume what you want though is on saving of the Service Order the appointment is created automatically and not by an action triggered by a user?

Is there any reason why you dont get switch the process and create the Appointment first which will create the Service Order automatically from the appointment.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dcomerford 

Can I create a business event to automatically create an appointment instead without manually creating one? Let me know.

Thanks,

Frances

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @fpantelidakis65 were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Chris Hackett ,

Thanks for reaching out. At this time it was suggested that an import scenario can be created. Our client decided to go a different route.

Thanks,

Frances 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved