Solved

An attempt was made to add a duplicate entry.

• 31 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

In a service order, user is attempting to add an Instruction line under Details and is getting the “An attempt was made to add a duplicate entry” error when just clicking the + to add the line.   No other information has been entered at this time (e.g., Line Type, etc.).  I see the error related to imports and customers but not with service orders.  Thanks for any thoughts, suggestions.

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 31 March 2023, 22:57

View original

5 replies

Badge +10

Have any customizations to this screen been made?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes.  We’ve changed a couple names of fields and extended the length of another field.  

Badge +10

I would unpublish the customization and see if you continue to get the error.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks -- will try that.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks -- will try that.

Hi @suebrown,

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? We have this pop up occasionally in the Service Module and have not figured out the issue yet.

I have made quite a few customizations to the Service Order and Appointment screens, but only get this error sporadically. Unfortunately, our solution so far has been to abandon the Service Order with a problem and create a new one...

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved