Solved

Validating Addresses

• 15 May 2024
  • 4 replies

What happens if an address is NOT validated?

icon

Best answer by Jeff96 15 May 2024, 16:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Nothing 😀. Acumatica will allow you to proceed with processing even if the address isn’t validated. 

I was aware of that, but what downside - if any - are there? If there are no downsides, then why bother? Why even have validating addresses as an option then?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I was aware of that, but what downside - if any - are there? If there are no downsides, then why bother? Why even have validating addresses as an option then?

It could save you money if you have a lot of carrier fees for address corrections. For example, UPS might charge you $20 for each shipment they need to correct the address. With LTL carriers it might be even higher. 

It would depend on your business situation. Personally I don’t see it a lot, maybe $200 in fees throughout the year. 

Thank you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved