Solved

User Defined Field in Approval Map

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am trying to create user defined fields for use in AP Bill approvals.  I can get it to work when choosing PX.SM.Users as the object but would ideally like to be the members in a Role or Workgroup,  I have tried using the employee schema object but it doesnt work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sharon 

icon

Best answer by Laura02 2 June 2022, 16:28

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

I had the same issue recently in version 2022 R1. We added and extra UDF (UDF field linked to Employee schema object as you did) to projects and tried to route to that person instead of project manager or project approver. I was able to set up the Approval Map with no problem - the User Defined Fields are available for use in the approval map screen. However the bills would not route: The Approvals tab of the Bills remained blank with a ‘pending approval’ status.

We ended up setting up our approvers in a special Workgroup node of the Company Tree and using that tree ‘branch’ to route the bills for approval.

Good luck.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Laura,

Thanks you for your input.  Were you able to select more than one user in the company tree map?  I need to select multiple employees for approval.

Thanks

Sharon

Badge +18

Yes, what you do in this case, is the approval goes to the Workgroup, a group of more than one employee. Here is an example of Management group - screen shot from Company Tree screen.

This is the approval map, sending bills over $100 to management:

We have options, whether ALL managers need to approve, or only one - you can read about these options in Help for Approval Maps screen.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I unfortunately need to be able to select multiple approvals from the APBill and not have it routed from one to another. Any ideas on doing that?  

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved