Skip to main content
Solved

Spell check is not working on the transaction level.

• 14 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi,

Our client has reported an issue where the system suggests the correct spelling for misspelled words. However, when the correct spelling is clicked, it does not update at the transaction level

I've observed that when the same action is performed in a note, the system automatically corrects the spelling error.

Does anyone know how we can resolve this issue so that the spelling is corrected at the transaction level as well?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @psoni1585 ,

Have you tried with switching from Grid view to Form View and then try to update the field?

Switch from Grid View to Form View

Badge +12

If I’m not mistaken, I believe the spellcheck functionality is handled by the browser, not Acumatica. It may be that something about that particular textbox prevents the browser’s spellcheck functions from working correctly.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Dipak Nilkanth 

Thanks for your suggestion. I switched from Grid view to form view as you recommended, but the issue persists with the spell-check not working.

Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @psoni1585,

I have tried this at my side and it's working. As per @darylbowman , spell check functionality handled by browser and not by Acumatica. Try with different browser, I have suggested approach because grid fields may be not support to spell check but in form view , it should.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Dipak Nilkanth,

Thank you for your response to my post.

As I mentioned earlier, the spell check only works on the header or line level note fields. It does not function in the transaction fields. For example, if there's a spelling error in the note field, it suggests the correct spelling, and clicking on the suggestion corrects the error. However, this correction doesn't apply to the detail fields, such as the line level description field.

Could you let me know which browser you are using and if you are using any browser add-ins like Grammarly?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Dipak Nilkanth,

Thanks, it’s working fine if I use google chrome browser, however it’s not working with the Microsoft edge browser.

Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@psoni1585 Thanks for sharing your result to the community.

Yes, I am using Chrome with Grammerly extension.