Solved

shipment process - quantity free item different with sales order

• 6 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello 

I have issued shipment for delivery free item, I created 1 sales order with free item. 
The simulation, If the customer order with specific item n specific quantity, customer will get 1 free item .
In these SO, the item for sales and item for free item from different warehouse .

After SO created, the sales admin proceed for the shipment , coz the item from different warehouse we make 2 shipment in 1 SO .
But, When we process shipment for Free Item, the quantity display 0. 

We checked the SO , free item show 1 unit .

Anyone, please tell me how to solved it .

icon

Best answer by manikantad18 6 September 2022, 11:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ely36 

Created a sales order with the same scenario but I shipped all the Items from one warehouse 

Shipped qty is showing as showing when we are shipping the item from the same warehouse

If the stock Item is lying in a different warehouse in that case, please create a shipment for the free Item first so that you will get the shipment qty in shipment screen

Otherwise, if you want to create a shipment after the main Item is shipped then you can manually enter the shipped qty for the second shipment manually and proceed to the next steps.

Hope this workaround help you

Userlevel 1

Hi @manikantad18 

Thank you for ur response , 

I already testing as ur suggestion , make the free item in same warehouse its solved . 

But, the user requirement want items for sales divide with item for give away/ promotion. 

When i tried ur second suggestion

If the stock Item is lying in a different warehouse in that case, please create a shipment for the free Item first so that you will get the shipment qty in shipment screen

with different warehouses , the quantity still 0 .

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ely36 

Could you please share S0 -order type and sales order preference ( Shipping settings) Once?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ely36

I verified the below suggestion again from my end and it is working fine

If the stock Item is lying in a different warehouse in that case, please create a shipment for the free Item first so that you will get the shipment qty in the shipment screen 

Steps to be followed.

1. Create a sales order with 2 Inventory Items 

Main Item and free Item with different warehouse

1. Try to create a shipment for free Item first and confirmed
  2. Create a second shipment for the remaining item 

Just check “Ship separately “ options in order types and verified once,

Check the same scenario without customization 

If any one option is not working then manually update the shipped qty in the shipment as a last option.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi @manikantad18 ,

here S0 -order type and sales order preference ( Shipping settings)

After checlikst ‘ship separately’ on order type for SO .

I make SO , 2 items with separated warehouse

and process shipment for ‘free items’ first , the QTY still 0.

so, i think the qty must be edit when shipment process .

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@ely36 In Sales Orders Preferences, is your Free Item Shipping set to On Last Shipment or Proportional?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @DConcannon I tried with the below option and it is working as expected not sure about @ely36  Issue here

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ely36 

Thanks for marking Best Answer

Glad to know that, you got the required assistance to proceed with your work.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved