Solved

Sales Order Workflows - Need Add. Workflow Types

• 30 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello-

I am working with the workflow engine and I feel like I hit a wall. I need the ability to house multiple workflow variations based on order type. OOTB only has 7 based on core order types, not the extended order types. I have a requirement to handle 20+ order types and I am trying to stray from having to house all those workflows in one workspace for obvious reasons. So my options are as follows.. are any of these feasible and if so, how?

1. Update the workflow-identifying field to something else
  2. Add additional order types to the list to be able to configure
  3. Create a customization project where a workflow is created for each order type and each action, transition, and state requires the order type to be exclusive of the others.
  4. Something else…?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by ruchikasharma23 20 July 2022, 23:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @rhooper91 
Updating the workflow identifying field to something else will require a lot of code changes and is not recommended because Sales Order graph has numerous references in other graphs. It is highly possible to break some functionality as you’ll have to go very deep in customization. 

You might want to consider using the existing workflows and customize them based on "Conditions" and transition them accordingly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@rhooper91 

Creating a customization would be the best option here since there are many tables that will need to be touched to change functionality. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks all- I am in agreement with both of you. We are also trying to consider other objects that could “share” the workflow in a field condition like opportunities or shipments.

Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved