Solved

Sales Order Approval Matrix (Unit Price is less that the Unit Cost)

• 20 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Everyone,

I have some inquiry regarding on the approval matrix that I need to set up.

Here's the scenario

If the Sales Agent put the Unit Price on the Sales Order less than the Unit Cost of an item. It will be subject to approval.

but on the approval matrix, when I select the field name as unit cost and the condition is greater than the value is it a numeric digit, not a unit price? Is there a way to set up the requirements?

Thank you !

icon

Best answer by aaghaei 20 December 2022, 20:36

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello @Fie ,

One way to accomplish your request is to use Acumatica’s Minimum markup % on Stock Items.

More information from the help explains the behavior that happens when the minimum markup is not met and in what circumstances the system allows skipping the markup validation.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Miss Laura,

The requirement is to have an approval matrix when the unit price is less than the unit cost. By standard, the validation rule can give only the user a warning if the price is less than the cost.

Is there a way to set up in approval matrix?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Fie

Acumatica's out of the box Rule Conditions ONLY can compare a selected field to static values. Both side of the equation can not be dynamic.

I submitted this request two years ago to be able to compare fields of an entity with each other or with other entities or even better have formulas but I have not seen it’s implemented or any possible time line.

your case is not very complicated compared to what I was going to achieve at the time. You easily can add an unbounded calculated field to the line DAC Ext and subtract Cost from Price. This will be a single field that you can use as criteria in your condition and check if is less than zero.

This is the only available option. Unfortunately without this small customization you won’t be able to get your desired result.

I have worked extensively on Acumatica’s Approval Map and have developed a pretty robust customization that can be used by other customers as well. No strings attached but if your needs are more complicated that requires more flexibility I can give you a demo.

Acumatica’s approval is pretty good for straight forward approvals but you will see when become more familiar on rejections and writing comments on Approve/Reject you will face shortcomings. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Sir @aaghaei ,

I’ll try your proposed workaround to add the a new field the calculated the diff of unit price and unit cost to set up on approval,

Thank you!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved