Question

Run report or open dashboards with permissions different from the user logged in

Can an Acumatica report be setup to run with specific user permissions instead of having customer restriction group hiding data desired to show ton the report? 

Similarly, can a dashboard be setup to run with more permissions as the one openning up the dashboard?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@bjackson29  I am not sure what is the idea behind this business request but in acumatica, Access Rights and permissions only applied to screens and elements graphs and fields. Thus we do not have Tool Specific access with elevated access for specific user while same user has different permission to elements used to build up the report or Dashboard.

If you can provide more details about what is main purpose to look for such feature we might be able help you better

Sales users have customer restriction groups that blocks information from being available from one sales group to another based on the customer.  This only allows the Salespersons to see the sales orders related to their own sales group.  Because we create production orders that are based on those sales orders and are linked to those customers, the production orders are also blocked across sales groups.  I would like to allow salespersons to see all the production orders on the dashboards and production reports that show the production orders for the company.  I hope this helps clarrify the additional visibility looking to accomplish for the sales users.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved