Solved

Protect/Restrict PDF Documents

• 3 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello.

I have noticed that Invoices produced from Acumatica ERP is in PDF Format which allows any person who has access to the electronic version to access and edit text.

Is there not a configuration setting that allows Acumatica Clients to protect PDF documents like invoices (and Purchase Orders and Statements) to prevent anybody from editing the PDF ?

icon

Best answer by darylbowman 4 August 2023, 13:27

View original

1 reply

Badge +11

As far as I know, there's nothing built into the product to accomplish this. I have code to password protect a PDF generated in Acumatica, and although this was not the purpose, I believe there are options for preventing edits that could be used.

In my experience though, this can be easily bypassed by printing said protected PDF 'to PDF' and simply changing that.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved