Payments on Customer Portal

• 23 February 2021
  • 27 replies

An Acumatica client  recently saw a webinar (Jan-Feb 2021) with new features that are to be added to the Acumatica Customer Portal to allow a customer to view an invoice and process a payment for an invoice.  Can you verify that feature – taking a payment on the portal, what release and what is the cost?

I just reviewed the 2021 R1 release notes and saw no reference to this.  Do you know if this is planned?  And…. If you can direct me to any documentation or a webinar that would be great.

27 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Mary.   They may have seen a pilot version we are testing with a few clients.  It is a prototype customization package but it works quite well.  We hope to introduce something similar in the product over the next year but for now the customization package is a good work around.  We plan to publish it to the community in the next few weeks for more expanded use and feedback.  If the need is immediate, please create a case and have them escalate to me and I will get someone to contact you to get you the package for review.

I have a few customers asking about this very feature. I have some clients that would be interested in beta testing this. Any info in the future would be appreciated.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Click here for demo video of the solution

We will be publishing more info on how to obtain this in the next few weeks.  

Thanks Ali for the info, I appreciate it!  The client is currently on 2020R1 is this customization package available for that version?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks Ali for the info, I appreciate it!  The client is currently on 2020R1 is this customization package available for that version?

Yes. 2020R1 and 2020R2 are both fine.

The payment processing window looks great.

Will there be an ability for the customer to see the actual invoice screen ( AR301000 ) when they click on the hyperlink or will it only show the Invoice report form? ( AR641000 ). Our clients like the customer portal, but want the customer to have the ability to see the actual invoice screen. This can house important notes and files for future download.

Userlevel 4
Badge

The payment processing window looks great.

Will there be an ability for the customer to see the actual invoice screen ( AR301000 ) when they click on the hyperlink or will it only show the Invoice report form? ( AR641000 ). Our clients like the customer portal, but want the customer to have the ability to see the actual invoice screen. This can house important notes and files for future download.

Currently, it shows the PDF invoice.  Showing the invoice screen exposes many elements that might be private to the business.  Perhaps we can provide a setting where they can see notes column with pop up to show the document notes.  Line notes print on the PDF.    What specific information does your client want to specifically expose?  We can review and determine if this will be a common request,

Hi Ali,

Wondering when this might be published and what the cost of the customization package will be?

Thanks!

Hi Ali, 

Any updates?

Can you update us….

1. What is the availability?
  2. What is the latest on Cost
  3. Do you have any documentation?
Userlevel 4
Badge

Sorry for the delayed response. We are working on a delivery solution for these types of add-ons that are not yet officially in the product. The goal is to provide customers and partners an option to either get on the solution for free with community support only, or to purchase the solution that will be supported by Acumatica. We are working through the processes needed to make the fully supported option available and its taking some time to get this in place but hopefully you should see some announcements on this program by or at our Summit.

For the time being, if you have a client that needs this now, we can provide the free option with just community support. Please create a customization request  case and request the customization and we will provide it to you at No Charge with basic information we have so you can get them going. please just set the expectation that while this works and in production with several early adopter customers, it is still not officially supported and any challenges faced may not be addressable until we roll out our supported plans.

Thanks.

Thanks Ali!  Thank helps.  Just one more question.

If they take the free version now and it becomes a module will they pay for it in the future?

Payments on Customer Portal: 

Is this available now?   Where do I find the pricing on it?   What version do they need to be on?  

Looking for more details/information.   

Any Updates for this product?

Userlevel 6
Badge

Acumatica Portal Payments will be a community supported solution with an optional Maintenance & Support package available to purchase via the Acumatica Services team. The customization itself will be free once productized and available for download. We will provide a demo video that covers key features/benefits. Additionally, a user guide will be provided for how to configure the customization. We are working towards a compatibility to 2021 R1 and later pending final testing. We are targeting this launch for April/May 2022 timeframe. In the meantime, you can download the community supported edition compatible with 2020 R2 here.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Acumatica Portal Payment is now available for you to download and publish on your environment. Please navigate to the community page listing for this customization to learn more.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you for sharing this update @Omar Ghazi !

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Has any one else encountered validation errors when attempting to install in latest build of 2022R1 instances?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Never mind.  Figured it out.

Badge

I get this error message when publishing the payment portal.

Can someone direct me on next steps to take?

Userlevel 6
Badge

@sams The Portal Payment customization is a solution that needs to be published on the Customer Portal. Will you please confirm you are trying to publish this on the Customer Portal and not the Acumatica ERP database?

Badge

Ok I am trying to publish it to the Acumatica ERP database. We do not have a customer portal setup. Is the customer portal a separate license? 

Userlevel 6
Badge

@sams Customer Portal is a separate item. Additionally, it requires CRM if you don’t have that. Please contact your VAR to learn more. 

Badge

We have CRM but I don’t see anything for Customer Portal.

Userlevel 6
Badge

@sams apologies, I should have been more clear. Customer Portal is a separate purchase that also requires you to have CRM first. So if you have CRM, you still need to purchase Customer Portal. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved